Monday, March 3, 2008

Denver

One word...

Wow.

Billy is awesome and I heart him. Just being in his presence kind of had me speechless. He was amazing and funny and heartbreakingly perfect. The show was everything I thought it would be and more. If you ever have the means, I highly recommend going. The dude is no spring chicken and gawd only knows how long he'll be able to blow the roof off the house like that for 3+ hours now that he's pushing 60. But he is a genius. A classic. A-mazing.

Also went to Coors Field and saw the sight of the World Series Massacre of 2007. More than anything I wanted to see if the Visitors locker room was still sticky from Red Sox champagne, but I figured they wouldn't want me to know if it was. I got a glimpse of the corner of the mound that Paps jumped off of to catch Tek and that gave me goosebumps in itself.

It was good to escape reality for a weekend. But damned if reality doesn't have a way of beating the shit out of you when you get back...

No comments: