Friday, September 14, 2007

The Final Showdown


Here we go, boys and girls. The final showdown of the season and it could not come at a better time for me. I have been running around like a crazy person with events and to-dos. I have chauffeured kids, worked, gone to games and appointments. My butt misses the feel of my couch. This Red Sox/Skanks matchup is Gods way of telling me to slow the hell down and watch some damn baseball.
Screw everything else. I am leaving work in 30 minutes, going home, getting in my jammies and settling in for what I know will be a damn good game. I say I'm settling in, but really, that's only for 3 innings before I'm standing in front of the TV and screaming. Or pacing. Hopefully jumping and dancing and doing my Fenway Home Run Happy Dance...
I've put my friends on Red alert. Do not call my ass tonight. I will not answer. I've told my kids- you want to go somewhere? You better find a damn ride, cause this taxi service is closed tonight. What's his name that lives with me? Make your own damn dinner. Chef's off tonight. She will be unavailable until tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a lot more of the running around and football games, taking kids to birthday parties, attending a wedding- everyone PRAY I get to catch most of the game.
Sunday is well. The 3rd of a 3 game series. You know where I'll be.
But don't call.
GO SOX!!!!!!

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

be proud, i even watched some of the games too!