Friday, September 21, 2007

Don't Stop Believin'.....

*Insert Journey song as background music here*

Maybe you all are unfamiliar with my tenacity. I will hold onto something like a rabid friggin' dog if it hurts me to let go. In small words for some of you, I don't let go easily.

You think this little late September slump has me giving up? Hell to the no. I have not watched 7 months of baseball to quit now when things are just getting good. I have not cheered these boys on, snuck out of weddings to check on games, quoted stats to New York boys who thought girls in Texas couldn't know shit about Red Sox baseball, to give up on them now. I am not one of those chicks who dons the pink hat to look cute next to her boyfriend at a game. I'm in this bitch for the long haul.

You think telling me every day day how close the Yankees are to catching the pennant will all of a sudden have me jumping on the ARod train? You must not understand my desperate unrequited love for Mike Lowell or know the awesomeness that is Josh Beckett. If you think for one damn minute I'd ever consider not believing in the power of our Captain, you don't know my respect for Tek. And you damn sure don't understand what it's like to see Papelbon pitch... I KNOW how many games we've lost since Labor Day. Tuh-rust me, I know. But this team is far from done. My boys are feeling the pain that comes from KICKING ASS for 7 months- that will, in fact, catch up with you, I don't care who you are. But it's okay. We'll let them get close, let them get a little cocky and then squash them. My Manny is coming back soon.... Youk? Is going to get off that bench with a score to settle. If I were the Yankees, I'd be very afraid.

It's far from over, my friends. Don't give up now, the fun is just about to start! Now quit your friggin crying and get ready for OCTOBER!!!!!!!