Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Totally CrepeTacular, Not CrapTacular!




So the actual trailer was a little questionsable at first. I didn't go to pick up lunch, but I had my crack team of investigators sending me photos. I'm told it was actually really cute with the picnic tables and such.
I got the Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions and Gruyere. And I am here to tell you... It was awesome. Totally worth $6.50. The side salad that I got with it was eh.. A little bit of lettuce and 3 slices of tomato- but the Balsamic Vinaigrette? To Die For. One of my cohorts had the Cuban Crepe that actually beat Mr. Flay and she said it was wonderful. I wouldn't know- we were all savoring our lunches and totally forgot to share. She said it was very spicy with the Tabasco, but I happen to LOVE the spicy, so I'm sure the Cuban and I have a date in a week or so.
We tried the Brownie Crepe which, in my opinion, was nothing exciting. It was a good brownie and all, but the crepe proved to be a wet wrapper for it. Not recommended for brownie or Crepe lovers. We also tried the Cinnamon Sugar Crepe. Very tasty. It was filled with cream cheese and toasted coconut and topped with almonds. I do have to say though, because they don't fill it, there was a lot of superfluous crepe...
As far as little Austin dives, it gets an A+. To quote a coworker, "I'm so glad these weren't craptacular after all that!"

No comments: