Tuesday, January 15, 2008

CrepeTastic Wednesday!

So I come in to work Monday morning and one of my coworkers is frantically searching the internet for something... I asked if I could help and she tells me that we MUST find the crepe place that beat Bobby Flay in an episode of Throwdown here in Austin. All we know is they don't have a restaurant and they make and sell these savory and sweet concoctions from a silver trailer somewhere.

Now she has my attention. You say "Bobby Flay" and you always have my undivided attention. So she searches Food Network, finds the Throwdown website and starts searching episodes. I am googling "crepe...throwdown...austin". My office is a grueling research facility. We must find where these crepes are!

Victory! The name of the place is Flip Happy Crepes. They are THREE miles away! We promptly printed out their menu and salivate over the Cuban Crepes with pulled pork, the Roasted Chicken with Mushroom with Gruyere and caramelized onions, the Spinach, Feta and Roasted garlic Crepe. And that's not even Dessert Crepes! They have a Brownie Crepe with dark chocolate sauce and Chantilly cream, a Cinnamon Sugar Crepe with toasted coconut and cream cheese and Fruit Crepes!!!

People are poking their heads into the office and asking us what's going on, so we have to tell each of them the story... "Bobby Flay...Throwdown...Austin...Crepes...LUNCH!" So the whole office is excited.

And then we see....

They are only open Wed.-Fri. So our Crepetastic Lunch will have to wait TWO WHOLE DAYS!

So all day yesterday and today we all all crepe obsessed. We cannot wait. We have spent time looking over the menu and deciding who will get what and give a bite to who. We have built these crepes up and put them on a pedestal. For gawd's sake- they beat BOBBY FLAY!!! You don't just beat Bobby Flay with some regular, everyday crepe!

So the countdown is on! 24 hours until CrepeTastic Wednesday! I'll let you know how they are!

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

p.s.


YOUR TURN

http://firetruckpony.blogspot.com/2008/01/50.html

christelpistol said...

oh and I WANT CREPES TOOOOOOOOOO

Ian Townsend said...

At first i thought you were talking about creeps.... I was halfway worried until i figured it out, and felt like an idiot.