Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Steak and Wine at Joe's



As I eluded to a few weeks ago, I have a new favorite restaurant and I feel the need to share. You may or may not know, I am a huge fan of the steak and red wine combo.. HUGE fan. And had been dying for it for awhile when my birthday rolled around. We went to a new place in Austin called Joe DiMaggio's Italian Chophouse. Of course normally, I would never enter the establishment of such a beloved Yankee, however I felt that since he had a brother who was a beloved Red Sox player, it justified going....

It was awesome. We stepped into the restaurant and were immediately seated in a huge high back, curved leather booth. There were black and white pictures of Joe, Marilyn and Dom all over the walls. A pianist was playing and an amazing singer was crooning "Inseparable". Sigh... I melted into my leather booth and ordered the house Cab. We started with a jumbo shrimp cocktail that arrived to the table in a cloud of dry ice. I ordered a fillet medium rare with potatoes and veggies. All were perfection. It wasn't just the wine that was intoxicating. Steak, wine, leather, crooning, baseball photos, dim lighting, perfect service... I was SO cozy and didn't want to leave.

It really isn't crazy expensive if you don't have the big steaks. There is delicious looking pasta and seafood as well. And they have a BEAUTIFUL patio with a fire pit to relax out on underneath a huge oak tree in the Domain. I got to walk pass Tiffany's too!!!! I would love to go again... who's in?!

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

too bad you forget the rest of the night..



GAH.

Angela said...

I dinnet forget the rest of the night... That's private!!! Lol. ;-)

christelpistol said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... how you talk!