Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bitch Slapped by the Flu

Dude. I got my ass kicked for a week straight. By this thing called "The Flu". In my 33 years, I had never encountered The Flu, much less learned first hand the evil she can inflict.

I know now.

I was fine when I woke up last Tuesday. Lalala...Uh oh. Headache? Achy? Tired? Eyes burning? These were just the beginning... It was bad, people. Bad and not very pretty either. Sometimes the universe gives you a hint that you need to slow the hell down and sometimes the universe finds a way to body slam your ass into submission.

So I had several days to plan what could only be my death... And when I was being a little less dramatic, I had time to think about life and things and how they'd all be different if only I could make it through this horrible, awful sickness... (I was ready for my damn Make A Wish, but lo and behold the Sox never did turn up at my doorstop)

Then I found out it wasn't just the flu, that has turned into bronchitis which was trying to turn into pneumonia. NICE. As my friend ChaCha said, "Thats my girl! If you're gonna do that shit, you're gonna do it right!" So now that I have been on the right medication and see the light at the end of the tunnel and know I probably won't die this time, I am starting to feel much better.

Guess the moral of the story is get a flu shot. And that I need to send another copy of my Make A Wish letter in- because clearly those bitches don't work quickly...

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

hey i put in that call to Papi.



dee dee doot doot deet dee doot