Friday, April 18, 2008

I Heart Josh Beckett


There are no less than 117 things I love about Josh Beckett. They start with "He's awesome" and end with "No for real, REALLY, really, badass-awesome." In between, numbers 17-30 are body parts and 32-78 are moments of games where he has proven over and over again why he deserves my adoration. At least 30 more are quotes he's given that really just make me laugh or smile, or grin because I know if he weren't on my team, it would strike fear in my heart and make me pee my pants everytime I had to face him.
You'd think once you get to 100, these things would start repeating themselves, but with Josh, they don't. The list just continues to grow. One of my all-time favorie Beckett quotes is “I make too much money to play a game I love to ever feel sorry for myself.” Stuff like that makes me so proud to be a fan. These little gems from last night are hystierical:

On Manny's TWO homeruns off of Mike Mussina at Skankee Stadium:

"I didn't even see it," said Beckett. "I was like, 'Where did it go?' Everyone was like, 'It went about 15 rows up.' It was such a line drive. He's pretty ridiculous. He almost hit a third one, too."

On lasting 8 innings against New York:

"I think the most important thing is executing pitches," Beckett said. "If you're not executing pitches, you're not going to get to eight innings."
No shit, Sherlock. Sometimes I think he talks to the media like they're 5 years old because he's tired of their retard questions...

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

Manny ... being Mine is what i want on a shirt. champion that project for me, K?