Sunday, May 20, 2007

There's no crying in baseball!

But damn...after the 0-14 red-headed stepchild asswhooping we took last night, I kinda wish there was....

It wouldn't have been nearly as painful if I hadn't danced around the house yesterday after my Red Sox beat the Braves 13-3 in the first game of the double-header. So I danced and woohoo'd, I shook my butt at the TV, I sang "weeeee are the champions...of the wooooorld!"...and then three hours later we got our asses handed to us in an extremely embarassing fashion. A shut-out? For real?

We still have the best record in baseball. We are still friggin amazing. Guess everybody needs a little reality check when they are that awesome...

Speaking of awesome, I have tickets for next Saturday's Sox game vs the Rangers! I am so excited!!! I haven't seen my actual boys since Spring Training! Now they are coming to me here in Texas! So I will pack up the car, drive 3 hours, see the game, drive back home 4 hours later and be blissfully happy about. Not just happy, but I'm even thinking about driving back and then doing it again Sunday so I can take my kids. My girls are d-y-i-n-g to see a 'real' game. And how proud am I that they don't consider it a 'real' game unless it's the RED SOX? I mentioned it to the oldest and her only words were "Oh my God....You mean I might get to see Papi...FOR REAL?"

*sigh* I got a little teary...

No comments: