Tuesday, May 29, 2007

LET'S GO RED SOX!

Back to work again after a fabulous baseball weekend in Arlington. Took my monsters up to Ameriquest Field for the Rangers vs Red Sox games Saturday and Sunday. Went on a tour of the ballpark too!

The 12 year old and I went Saturday night and had a blast. We got rained on and didn't care, we yelled and clapped and chanted and woo-hoo'd. We moved down to awesome seats around the 8th inning and were about 5 rows up from the Sox dugout. Can I tell you how in LOVE with Mike Lowell I am? Seriously, if you EVER need anything done, that dude just does it. He's not flashy like Manny or a big power hitter like Papi, he just gets in there and gets it done. And he's so...dreamy... *sigh* (I totally just lost all my guy readers, didn't I?)

It was a fun night, Sox were hot, Texas was not, no one messed with me- not even the a-hole with the frozen margaritas who I begged for and he never materialized. Paps closed the show- good Lord, he is impressive. We watched the tape back and I didn't even realize I was telling my daughter, "Just look at him, watchwatchwatch how he looks at the batter" over and over again.

Sunday was rainy at first, but we made our way out with all 4 kiddos. My boys were in awe of how big everything was. At 6 & 3, I can just imagine. They were all a little disappointed that Papi was sitting this one out, but Tek was catching, so it made up for it a little. Our seats were wayyy to high for my liking, but what made them bad seats was the giant bastard who sat behind us. So my Sox are introduced and we are all cheering. My kids are thrilled to be at a "REAL" game, hearing the names they've only seen on TV. Then this ass-clown starts BOO-ING behind my 6 year old little boy.

"Mommy, that man is booing" he says. So I say to my son while looking at this ass, "I know honey, some people are not good sportsmen. You are 6 and have more class."

AssClown then proceeds to make every tired ass Red Sox "Curse" comment known to man. "They just sucked for 90 years, it was fake blood, they're whiners, blahblahblah." Fortunately for him and his wife, I was with my kids or I would have beat him just on general principal.

So we get our 3 run homer (Woooooooo!) and I make sure to have my kids up on their chairs and squealing good and loud. (We went on into the next few pitches, but I wanted to make sure he knew how happy we were). The Rangers came back with their own 3 run homer and I had to listen to AssClown hoot and hollar. I was waiting for a banjo and a 21 gun salute to go with the dip and fat ass completing the red neck ensemble, but I had to settle for the "YEEHAW--- THAT'S HOW WE DO IT IN TEXAS!"

No, bitch. That is not how we do it in Texas. Ewww.

So we are up on them again and I look to see who's warming up in our bullpen. YESS! It's Okie! Wooohoo! So I tell my kiddos and they are excited. AssClown hears me and says very loudly to his wife "Must be that Jap pitcher they bought for a billion dollars. They're the Evil Empire, you know."

Oh. No. You. Didn't.

I had to say something. I wanted to say something with a LOT of f words in it, but I had witnesses... But regardless if my children bore witness to it or not, I had to set him straight...

"No, actually. That would be the Yankees. And that pitcher is an amazing closer. You'd know that if you paid more attention to baseball than turning the game then drinking beer until you passed out. Who you might be thinking of is Matsuzaka, who is a STARTER and does not make a billion dollars. Any more questions?"

He just smirked, waited until I turned around and called me a bitch. Whatever.

My 6 year old boy is the funnest person I have ever been to a game with. He was taunting the Little League players in the next section, he was screaming "LET'S GO RED SOX" at all the wrong times, he was standing in his seat cheering at every ball that looked like it might be a home run- even if it was a pop up. He is awesome. I let him be as loud as he wanted and I'm sure he annoyed AssClown behind us a lot. He deserved it. Needless to say, we won and that jerk left quickly and quietly. We stayed and cheered for our boys until the section cleared out.

We do love our Sox even down here in Texas.

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

man, i'm sorry i missed that.


i'da paid cash money to witness McGee at his first SOX game!