Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cincy...

Pics will have to wait until probably this weekend, but I have lots. Left for the 3 game series on Thursday and got back on Monday. Had an awesome time- fabulous seats and serious eye contact with Tek. Sat in a seat previously occupied by Mr. Josh Beckett and even asked the manager what he had so I could have it too. Yep. My kind of hero worship knows no bounds and cannot be constrained by your definitions of "not cool"....

Sox took 2 of 3- one in a nail biter of an extra inning (which anyone reading this already knows because they were there with me OR they watched all 3 anyway). Went to BP, on a stadium tour and actually made words to our 3rd base coach DeMarlo Hale, met a 60 year old Sox fan who went to 88 games last year and has had Fenway season tickets for 35 years. Spent 3 hours drinking and listening to stories from said man and asked so many questions that I've always wanted to know from guys who were there back in the day... I really think he loved it. That or looking down my dress and oogling my friend as well. Maybe both, but I digress...

I got video footage of Coco trying to start a fight with the Gapper, Cincinnati's fluffy mascot. Not really, just trying to swipe at him from the dugout, but still... What else? Took pictures of Tek from 6 feet above his head when he was in the bullpen warming guys up because he was out of the lineup.

So many other side notes and stories, I think they will end up being posts of their own... But thank you to all of ChaCha's amazing numbers that I met, thank you to Allen from Boston for all the stories, thank you to Dan the tour guide for letting us on the field, Dan the guy in the bar who had us laughing for hours and gave us no less than 3 one liners that will stick forever ("I wanna touch her where she pees!!!"), thank you to my Dad for driving down from Detroit to see me, thank you to Paul, the manager at Rock Bottom Brewery for letting 2 cute girls skip the 2 hour wait and bringing me Josh Beckett nachos. Thank you to the cute boy from San Fransisco for being cute and flirting with ChaCha, and thank you to my boys for an awesome weekend. See you in Houston!

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

and thank YOU for being my Very Best Friend and making trips like this not only possible, but more wonderful than i could ever DREAM of.

Angela said...

Thanking YOU was gonna be another post of its own. There aren't enough words to thank you for being all that you are for me, C.

It's an amazing thing to have a friend to have these adventures with that makes it everything it should be and more.

Thank you!!!

christelpistol said...

dur. it's what i do. being the Unicorn is a very rewarding job.