Thursday, May 29, 2008

Really, George Lucas? Really? (Spoiler Alert)


We met when I was six, Indiana Jones... I saw you at my first drive in movie. It was exciting and scary and awesome. You were everything a good crush after Bo Duke should be. Funny, brilliant, sexy. An archaeologist who goes on adventurous quests and uncovers history. You know, Indian tribes, cups of Christ, lost civilations...

NOT- I repeat, NOT ALIENS!!!!!!!

Seriously? I'm into this new movie and oh-so-excited to see my Harrison Ford up there onscreen again, I am smiling and getting goosebumps when at last we see the hat and hear the song, "Da-da-dum-dum-dum dee Dummm" and then out of no where I get hit with The Skull. Of course I knew the movie was about the crystal skull. I'm thinking ancient skull that we have to find and put inside an old grave so that a tomb of wonderous ancient riches magically opens up for our hero...but noooooooo...

Really? Could it look more plastic and filled with irradescent cellophane? And then I realize, oh shit... It looks like an alien head. They wouldn't, they couldn't... Not my Indy...

But they did. Complete with the damn silver flying saucer. There are things in this world you don't mix. Yankee fans and smart people, maragritas and lima beans, Indiana-fing Jones and ALIENS?! Come on George! WTF Stephen Speilberg?

So I left the theatre let down and pissed off. If I had wanted to see War of the Worlds, guess what I would have watched??? Indy needs to kick their asses for this one. But do try again guys, because Indiana Jones just can't go out like that.

No comments: