Friday, May 16, 2008

FINALLY!


Well, well, well...
So almost 17 years ago, I saw my NKOTB boys perform for the last time. But even then, I KNEW it wouldn't be the last. They stopped putting CDs out, I started to grow up and have a sex life, but I never forgot them. I pulled out the old tapes (yes, I said tapes- shut up) whenever I needed a quick pick me up. If I heard any of them mentioned on anything, I tried to pay attention.... So I got married and had babies- so did they. But I still could never make myself throw away the magazines, the concert programs, the trading cards....or the book I wrote for them. I am 33 years old and have had boxes of old NKOTB merchandise stowed away for safe keeping since I was 16 years old.

And I never gave up. I always knew this day would come. Somewhere in my heart I knew that they wouldn't- nay, couldn't disappoint me!
And they didn't.

Today my boys performed together for the first time publicly on the Today Show.
To a PACKED audience....in Times Square.
They said it was the largest crowd they'd ever gotten for this concert series.
So I stood in my high heels in the lobby of the hotel I work at with my Catering Manager title and watched it all unfold- and cried like a 13 year old little girl. I am SO happy and giddy. They were amazing and funny and adorable and...perfect. They have grown into such handsome men and I feel so proud.
Listening to them talk reminded me of how long ago my deep seated love affair with Boston and the accent began. Dear gawd, of course I can't keep myself together for a boy who drops his R's!!!! These are the boys who shaped me during puberty!
I truly think if I could see them perform in Boston...maybe after a Sox game... my head would implode with joy. Because a person just can't take that kind of happy.

All ye be prepared... they will come to Texas. And when they do... it's ON!


1 comment:

christelpistol said...

and again, i will ONLY go with you because i know how excited you are about it.


the same way you'd go with me to any number of weird concerts i'd wanna go to.